Wholebook contest & Evaluation is open

Wholebook contest & Evaluation is open

2020 Wholebook Contest and Evaluation is open for entry.

The IHSPA/Jostens Wholebook Contest and Evaluation requires you to ship your book to us. The deadline to arrive at IHSPA office is September 30, 2020.

The form for entry is the same as usual with a new format and minor additions.

Note the new return book fee and policy fo $15.

Wholebook entry

• All entrants will receive a completed crtique and a rating. At the option of the judge, a yearbook that is brilliant will receive the Nuebert award. This award is named in honor of the late Mick Neubert, outstanding journalism adviser from Grinnell High School. CONTEST WILL CLOSE SEPTEMBER 30. All yearbooks must be sent or dropped off by this date.
  • Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • Pricing

• Price: $45.00 Quantity:
    IHSPA membership is required. If you have yet to renew or join IHSPA please also complete that form.
  • Price: $15.00 Quantity:
    If you want your book returned.
  • $0.00
  • Additional Information

• Estimate percentages (total=100%) of work done by staff:

Please consider work done by adviser and professionals
  • Essay Portion

BEFORE SUBMITTING WORK FOR CRITIQUE

• Adviser or student leaders should provide a statement summarizing targeted areas of growth, as well as specific questions about the current year’s work.
  • Provide information about the school, student staff and media outlet, as requested by the sponsoring organization, to give judges insight into factors affecting content and coverage.
  • Seek critiques from different organizations to form multiple perspectives.

AFTER RECEIVING A CRITIQUE

• Review and understand the feedback before sharing it widely with students. Determine which areas of a critique should be emphasized.
  • Celebrate success.
  • See criticism as an opportunity for growth and future success.
  • Synthesize feedback from a variety of critiques from multiple organizations to establish strategies for improvement and growth; apply lessons learned to a wide spectrum of future work.
  • Use evaluations as teaching tools; encourage students to use evaluation instruments for peer editing.
  • Understand that critiques are not designed to be a qualitative measure of teacher performance but may be conversation starters with school administrators.
  • Share feedback about the evaluation results and processes with contest administrators, but understand that evaluators/judges are colleagues or professionals giving their time and expertise with the best of intentions.

IHSPA
100 Adler Building Room E323,
University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242-2004

IHSPA membership is required to enter the contest.